The City Region is home to a number of major Indian-owned business operations. We are delighted that these businesses call Leeds City Region home:
· Mastek is a global technology services company offering digital services and software, headquartered in Mumbai.
· Leeds is home to Mastek’s Digital Learning Centre. Mastek launched a new graduate development scheme in Leeds in 2019, which aims to enable the tech innovators of tomorrow to gain key skills that are vital for the continued growth of the industry.
· Mastek ranks 29th in the CII-Grant Thornton India meets Britain tracker report 2020 of the fastest growing Indian companies in the UK, enjoying 34% growth in 2019.
Prime Focus Technologies
· Prime Focus Technologies has created a state-of-the-art Media Centre in Leeds to deliver Media & Online services for Channel 4.
· Prime Focus Technologies is the creator of Enterprise Resource Planning software for the Media & Entertainment industry, with clients including Amazon, Walt Disney, HBO and 20th Century Fox.
· Prime Focus Technologies is a subsidiary of Prime Focus, the world’s largest independent integrated media services powerhouse, which employs over 9,000 people.
· Dr Reddy’s is a major integrated global pharmaceutical company which employs over 20,000 people worldwide and is committed to accelerating access to affordable medicines.
· The region is home to Dr Reddy’s UK manufacturing site and active pharmaceutical ingredients (API) plant.
· Vivimed is a speciality chemicals manufacturer and world leader in the development and manufacture of innovative photochromic dyes for the Health and Beauty sectors.
· Vivimed has its UK headquarters in Huddersfield, and global headquarters in Hyderabad.
Optare – owned by the Hinduja Group
· Optare is owned by the Hinduja Group, the 4th largest manufacturer of buses in the world, and the 4th largest Indian diaspora employer in the UK.
· The region is home to Optare’s UK headquarters and main manufacturing site.
· Optare have almost a century of experience in using the latest technologies in bus design, for example their fully electric vehicle range is leading the way in zero emissions.
Bond It – owned by Astral Poly Technik
· The region is home to the headquarters of Bond It, one of the UK's fastest growing manufacturers of high-quality chemicals for the building trade and home improvement sector.
· Bond It is owned by Astral Poly Technik, one of India’s fastest growing manufacturers of pipes and piping headquartered in Gujarat.