28 July 2020
The independent judging panel had the unenviable task of deciding who made the Northern Asian Powerlist from over 270 entries. The judges based their decisions on leadership, innovation, impact, success, and community contribution.
- Canon Simon Baldwin, Head of Enterprise & Operations, Leeds Beckett University.
- Steve Bennett, Founder and Managing Director, TransitionPlus Ltd and Business of Science Ltd.
- Dr Joanna Berry, Associate Professor Entrepreneurship, Durham University Business School, Director (Business, Enterprise and Innovation), Durham Energy Institute, Regional Vice-Chair, IoD Yorkshire & North East.
- Mike Berry, Managing Director, BGS International Ltd, former Managing Director at 600 Group.
- Lt Colonel Andrew Black, Head of Army Engagement North East & Yorkshire, MOD.
- Milton Brown, Founder of KLTV, and a qualified Organisational Development Consultant.
- Nicky Chance-Thompson DL, Chief Executive, The Piece Hall.
- Phil Foster, Commercial Director, Teesside International Airport.
- Karen French, Partner, Real Estate, Squire Patton Boggs.
- Professor Nigel Garrow , Head of Department for Finance, Accounting and Business Systems (FABS), Sheffield Business School.
- Kate Hainsworth Chief Executive, Leeds Community Foundation, and Leeds City Region LEP Board Member and Diversity Champion.
- Beckie Hart, Director for Yorkshire and the Humber, Confederation of British Industry (CBI).
- Juliette Healey, Northern Agent, Bank of England.
- Ninder Johal DL, Managing Director of Nachural Communications and HRA Loudspeakers, and Black Country LEP Board Member, Communications & Marketing Board Lead & Diversity Champion.
- Anjum Khan, Director of the Asian Business Chamber of Commerce (ABCC).
- Gill Laidler, Group Editor and Founding Partner, TopicUK Magazine and Yorkshire Businesswoman.
- Qasim Majid, Chief Executive, Wow Group of Companies Ltd, President, Asian Businesses Chamber of Commerce, and Exec Director, Birmingham Chamber of Commerce.
- Roger Marsh OBE DL, Chair, Leeds City Region LEP and NP11.
- James Mason, Chief Executive, Welcome to Yorkshire.
- James Mitchinson, Managing Editor, Yorkshire Post.
- Henri Murison, Director, The Northern Powerhouse Partnership.
- Barney Mynott, Regional Director, Federation of Small Businesses (FSB).
- Jo Purves , Pro-Vice-Chancellor International and Regional Partnerships, The University of Salford.
- Professor Monder Ram OBE, Director of the Centre for Research in Ethnic Minority Entrepreneurship (CREME), Aston Business School, Aston University.
- Simone Roche MBE, Chief Executive and Founder, Northern Power Women.
- Dr Dave Smith, Chief Executive, Sheffield City Region.
- Dr David Spicer, Director of Business Engagement, Faculty of Management Law and Social Sciences, the University of Braford.
- Dan Storer, Director of Business Development, MIDAS.
- Caroline Theobald, Managing Director, The Bridge Club North.
- Philip Turnbull, Chief Executive, Association of International Accountants (AIA).
- Lee-J Walker, Managing Director, The Business Desk.
- Heather Waters, Strategic Lead Growth Business Support for Women In Business, NatWest Bank.
- Sharon Watson, Chief Executive and Principal, Northern School of Contemporary Dance, former Artistic Director of award-winning Leeds-based company Phoenix Dance Theatre.